Fender Refinishing Project

I got the body all painted, and then applied a few coats of varnish today.  It was coming along pretty well, until I got a bit too much on it, and got a run on the front, near the top.  I touched it, trying to smooth it out, and that just made it worse. I sanded it some after it dried, and re-painted the area, and did another coat of varnish.  It looks pretty good, but that area is not smooth now.  Oh, well.  Other than that, it’s looking pretty good.

I hope to get it all put back together this week and see if it works!  I think the metallic dark brown will look pretty sharp with the wood on the neck.

Fender Refinishing Project

Finally got around to putting the first coat of paint on my old Fender Precision refinishing project. It’s not going to be as fancy as I’d once hoped it would be, but I need to get it back to a playable state.